Welcome to the webpage dedicated to the officers of Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, proudly serving the Coastal Bend Family Worship Center community in Houston. Our officers play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning and spiritual guidance of our church. Through their dedication, leadership, and commitment, they inspire and guide our congregation on their faith journey.
Meet Our Officers
The Session is the governing body of Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church. Comprised of ordained elders, they are responsible for the spiritual oversight and direction of the church. These officers, elected by the congregation, diligently serve our community with humility and compassion.
Elder John Smith - Session Moderator
- Responsibilities: As the Session Moderator, Elder John Smith presides over all church sessions, guiding discussions and decision-making processes.
- Experience: Elder Smith brings over 20 years of experience in church leadership and has served in various capacities within Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.
- Passion for Ministry: Combining his passion for community outreach and spiritual growth, Elder Smith actively engages in leading Bible study groups and organizing charitable events.
Elder Sarah Johnson - Clerk of Session
- Responsibilities: As the Clerk of Session, Elder Sarah Johnson oversees the administrative aspects of the church. She ensures accurate record-keeping and maintains official church documents.
- Experience: With a background in finance and administration, Elder Johnson brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to her role as Clerk of Session.
- Commitment to Community: Elder Johnson actively engages with local organizations, fostering partnerships to support community outreach initiatives and create positive change.
Board of Deacons
The Board of Deacons consists of compassionate individuals who provide care and support to the congregation and community. Committed to serving those in need, they carry out the ministry of mercy and ensure the spiritual well-being of our congregation.
Deacon Mark Thompson - Chair of Deacons
- Responsibilities: As the Chair of Deacons, Deacon Mark Thompson leads the efforts in providing pastoral care for the congregation and overseeing various support ministries.
- Experience: Deacon Thompson has an extensive background in counseling and brings compassion and understanding to his role.
- Supportive Outreach: Deacon Thompson leads several outreach programs aimed at helping those in need within our immediate community and beyond.
Deacon Rachel Lee - Worship and Music Ministry
- Responsibilities: Deacon Rachel Lee oversees the Worship and Music Ministry, ensuring meaningful and uplifting worship experiences for the congregation.
- Experience: With a background in music and theology, Deacon Lee blends her talents to create inspiring worship services.
- Enhancing Worship: Deacon Lee collaborates with the music team and leads initiatives to expand our music repertoire and engage the congregation in worship.
Commitment to Service and Faith
At Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, we believe that effective leadership rooted in faith and service is essential to fostering love, compassion, and growth within our congregation. Our officers are dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where individuals can connect with God and each other.
We are grateful for the commitment, passion, and tireless efforts of our officers at Coastal Bend Family Worship Center. Their guidance, wisdom, and servant hearts play an integral role in shaping our community.
Join Our Vibrant Community
If you are looking for a vibrant Christian community that is committed to spiritual growth, service, and love, we invite you to join us at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church. Our officers, along with the entire congregation, eagerly welcome individuals of all backgrounds and walks of life.
Through meaningful worship, transformative programs, and impactful outreach initiatives, we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of those around us. Come and be a part of our warm and caring community at Coastal Bend Family Worship Center.